As I was busy with other things in GTK, it took me a while to get back to µTest—especially because I needed some time to set up a development environment on Windows in order to port µTest there. I managed to find some time over various weekends and evenings, and ended up fixing a couple of small issues here and there, to the point that I could run µTest’s own test suite on my Windows 10 box, and then get the CI build job I have on Appveyor to succeed as well.
While at it, I also cleaned up the API and properly documented it.
Now that µTest is in a decent state, I ported the Graphene test suite over to it and, now I can run it on Windows using MSVC—and MSYS2, as soon as the issue with GCC gets fixed upstream. This means that, hopefully, we won’t have regressions on Windows in the future.
The µTest API is small enough, now, that I don’t plan major changes; I don’t want to commit to full API stability just yet, but I think we’re getting close to a first stable release soon; definitely before Graphene 1.10 gets released.
development bdd testing